A bit of an impromptu blog post this…just being honest! Hence the dorky cheesy smiles and awkward photo’s!
Baked eggs are always my go-to quick lunch or brunch dish, so this is a great one for the weekend ahead, whether your getting over hefty hangover or just looking to do something different with your eggs.
It’s so easy to make, is really cost affective and is all veggie. I really love mediterranian flavours and this dish almost makes me feel like I’m on holiday (even though I’m far from it) and in fact when we were away in Spain earlier this year we would go to the local markets and shops, get all our fresh ingredients and take it back to the villa we were staying in and cook this exact dish for breakfast or brunch a lot and would just change the ingredients slightly (adding olives is a great shout!).
Hope you enjoy and please do share your photo’s if you make any of my recipes 🙂
A handful of new potatoes diced
1 garlic clove
1 red sweet pepper chopped length ways
2 large tomatoes diced
3 spring onions chopped (1 extra chopped to put on top)
Feta cheese to top off (crumbled on top)
Salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven at 180c
2. Get a large frying pan, pour a little olive oil in and add the potatoes and garlic. Let them fry off for around 5 – 7 minutes until the potatoes start browning
3. Then add the pepper, the 3 spring onions, tomatoes and stir together so it’s well combined
4. Season well with salt and pepper and cook off for another 5 minutes so everything starts browning and turning golden brown
5. Carefully crack the egg in one at a time separating evenly in the frying pan. Leave them to cook for 2-3 minutes before turning the gas off and carefully placing the frying pan in the oven on the middle shelf
6. Bake for 5 – 10 minutes, frequently checking they’re not over cooked. When the white part of the egg is firm and not slimy and the yolk is still runny you’re ready to take it out.
7. Finally top with the freshly chopped spring onion and crumble as much feta on as you like!
Enjoy! Lo xx