Ok, this granola is the tastiest thing ever – I’m not being biased I promise! Seriously though, it’s so delicious with lots of amazing things like roasted nuts and seeds, coconut and crunchy gluten free oats.
It took me no time what so ever to make a big batch, and this is perfect if you need a healthy, tasty and filling breakfast for a busy week. All you do is prep it, pop it in to a sealed container and it’s ready to put in to a bowl with some milk and fruit or just to snack on for a sweet hit.
You can also get as creative as you like with your ingredients, including other varieties of nuts and seeds you prefer or dried fruit. This recipe if free from gluten, wheat and refined sugar (I also have mine with almond milk so you can make it dairy free too!)
450g gluten free oats
1/2 cup desiccated coconut
1 cup almonds
2 tbsp flaxseeds
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
1tsp natural vanilla extract
4 tbsp coconut oil
1/2 cup agave syrup (honey if you prefer)
Optional ingredients: cashews, walnuts, pecans, raison, dried fuit
- Preheat the oven at 170c and line 2 baking trays with parchment/baking paper
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, almonds, flaxseeds, pumpkin seeds, (any other additions i.e. nuts/dried fruit)
- In a small pan, heat the agave syrup (or honey) and the coconut oil together till it’s fully melted and combined.
- Pour into the dry oat mixture and mix together so everything is evenly combined. Add the vanilla extract and mix again.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the 2 trays and make sure the mixture is flat and spaced out well.
- Bake in the oven for 15 mins, then take the trays out and stir the mixture well. Put back in the oven for another 15 mins or until the granola is golden.