I’ve always LOVED the flavour of coconut, and in some way or other have it in my diet probably almost everyday. It’s such an amazing flavour, has lots of goodness and comes in all sorts of shapes and sizes…coconut milk, coconut oil, coconut flakes, designated coconut…the list goes on!
Dark chocolate and coconut though, is the ultimate combination! Just like my ‘Dark Chocolate & Peanut Butter Cups’ I posted earlier this month, this recipe only requires 4 ingredients and is so easy to make. They sort of resemble a (better) healthier version of a bounty! Totally refined sugar, dairy, gluten, nut and soya free and SO delicious.
200g sugar free dark chocolate
50g coconut oil
45g designated coconut
1tsp natural vanilla extract
- Line a 12-cup muffin tray with cupcake liners. Set aside for later. Clear some space out in the freezer for this tray—you will need it later.
- Place a microwavable bowl over a pan of simmering water, break up the chocolate and place in bowl plus the coconut oil and melt together
- Once all melted set aside. Than fill the cupcake liners with 1 table spoon full of the chocolate mixture and place in the freezer for 10 – 15 mins
- Take them out and fill 1 tablespoon full of the designated coconut over the set chocolate in the cupcake liners. Evenly spread the coconut between the liners.
- Again with a tablespoon, evenly distribute the remaining melted chocolate mixture over the coconut making sure the chocolate covers the coconut
- Then place back in the freezer for a further 25 mins and enjoy!
Store in the fridge.