I am so excited about posting this gem of a recipe. Only three… THREE ingredients needed and these little cups are so rich and delicious. They’ve become my absolute favourites as a sweet something ‘go to’ as they are so easy and quick to make, and completely guilt free.
When the health issues with stomach and gut first started, the first ever ingredient I had to rule out was processed sugar. And it was hard…very hard. I was a complete sugar monster before and so addicted to chocolate (who isn’t right?). But i didn’t quite realise just how much processed sugar is put in to chocolate and other sweet treats that are on the supermarket shelves. And when I started reading the back of labels and the listing of ingredients it was quite shocking. I had to find a way to be able to get a sweet fix but not have to feel ill from consuming an unhealthy amount of processed sugar.
After researching and trying out a few recipes, these gorgeous little cups turned out to be the favourites. They are delicious and rich and have absolutely no processed sugar, dairy or gluten in them. You can also swap over the flavours and put in different nut butters if you like.
I am going to be posting more flavours in the next few weeks, but for now try these out and please any feedback would be fabulous!
200g sugar free dark chocolate
170g smooth sugar free peanut butter
1tsp natural vanilla essence
- Line a 12-cup muffin tray with cupcake liners. Set aside for later. Clear some space out in the freezer for this tray—you will need it later.
- Place a microwavable bowl over a pan of simmering water, break up the chocolate and place in the bowl to melt
- Once all melted add the peanut butter and mix in together until its got a thick consistency
- Take off the hob. With a table spoon, fill the cupcake liners evenly
- Place in the freezer for around 25 – 40 minutes and enjoy!
Store in the fridge.