Get your Sunday bake on! Not only are these beauties totally yummy, they’re also completely guilt-free and GOOD FOR YOU.
I love a blueberry muffin, especially then you’re strapped for time and need something quick and on the go for breakfast or a snack during the week. These are so easy to make and are the perfect Sunday (or any day) bake. They can last you for the week if you keep them covered, and by all means have them for breakfast, as an afternoon snack with a cup of tea or for something sweet after dinner – whatever takes your fancy!
Why not try buying and using frozen berries, I do this often as I eat berries on a daily basis and it works out cheaper and lasts much longer so you don’t have to keep topping up the fridge. The frozen blueberries have worked wonderfully on this recipe, plus you can use them for smoothies, juices and even as a topping on your porridge.
This blueberry muffin recipe is free from wheat, gluten, dairy and processed sugar. PLUS they are nut free, for those with nut allergies.
Go on… give them a go and please let me know what you think. Enjoy! Lo x
1 cup gluten free flour
1 cup almond flour
pitch of salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
1/2 tsp flaxseeds
1 tsp baking soda
1tsp vanilla extract
5 – 6 tbsp coconut oil
1/2 cup almond milk
1 cup blueberries (frozen or fresh)
- Preheat the oven at 175 c
- In a bowl, combine together both the flours, baking soda and salt
- In a separate bowl combine the eggs, honey, vanilla and coconut oil
- Then combine both mixtures together. Once well combined, add the blueberries and mix in well so the blueberries are well incorporated in to the mixture
- Fill a muffin tray with liners, and fill each liner with the batter
- Bake in the over for 20 – 30 mins or until golden brown